Does Hemp CBD Oil Help With Anxiety? What About Other Treatments?
The Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) reports that anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the US, or 18.1% of the population.
While CBD from hemp oil for anxiety is extremely beneficial, there are other natural, healthy ways to curb anxiety. The optimal method to deal with anxiety, depression and other mood disorders is to use a layered approach by combining CBD with other wellness activities.
Here are 4 tips to managing anxiety…
For anyone suffering from anxiety, yoga can potentially be your new lifeline, especially if you are using prescription medications that can cause uncomfortable side effects. Recently, more and more doctors and wellness practitioners have been recommending yoga as an alternative treatment for anxiety.
YogaJournal.com reports that a young woman who suffered from public anxiety and panic attacks tried using yoga and within one month she was sleeping better and her panic attacks had decreased.
“The breathing helped, and being present in the poses taught me to stay in the moment and observe what was happening,” the woman said. “It helped me find a sense of peace in a turbulent time, and that’s carried over into my daily life.”
One of yoga’s main benefits is that it helps us regulate our breath, and our breath is intimately connected to our nervous system.
When we are anxious, we tend to take rapid, shallow breaths or we might even unconsciously hold our breath and then take big gulping breaths. If we slow down our breathing and breath deeper, we end up soothing our nervous system instead of aggravating it. Yoga can teach us to breathe with awareness and to use our breath to move through the challenging poses.
If you are curious about how CBD from hemp oil can help anxiety when combined with yoga, you can try adding CBD to your yoga regimen and get a double dose of anxiety relief.
Do you continually have racing thoughts going through your head, either at night when you’re trying to sleep or maybe during the day when you need to be super focused?
Many studies have found that meditation can help reduce racing thoughts that wreak havoc on your physical and mental health and wellness. The Psychological Bulletin conducted a scientific study and came up with the overall conclusion that practicing mindfulness or meditation produced beneficial results with a substantial improvement in areas like negative personality traits, anxiety and stress.
Chronic worriers often display increased reactivity in the amygdala, the area of the brain associated with regulating emotions, including fear. Neuroscientists at Stanford University found that people who practiced mindful meditation for eight weeks were better able to turn down the activity of this area. Other researchers from Harvard found that mindfulness can physically reduce the number of neurons in this fear-triggering part of the brain.
Can CBD oil combined with meditation help treat your anxiety? Check out our selection of CBD products and give it a try.
3. Mind + Body + Action = Stress Relief
The combination of your mind, your body and your actions can be the ultimate tactic to manage your anxiety.
- Your Mind
- Accept that you can not control everything that happens in your day to day life. Put all your stressors into perspective. Ask yourself, is it really as bad as I think?
- Screw perfection! It doesn’t exist. Just do your best and be proud of however close or far you get.
- Think positive! Make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts.
- Learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school? Look for patterns.
- Your Body
- Limit alcohol and caffeine. Alcohol and caffeine can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
- Eat well-balanced meals, drink plenty of water and keep healthy, energy-boosting snacks on hand.
- Get enough sleep. When stressed, your body needs additional sleep and rest. Try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Exercise daily. Exercising helps you feel good and maintains your health and wellness.
- Your Actions
- Remember to take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly throughout the day when you are feeling anxious or stressed.
- Counting to 10 still works. Count slowly, repeat and count to 20 if needed.
- Give back to your community. Volunteer or find other ways to be involved. This creates a support network and can give you a break from everyday stressors.
- Take a time out. Practice yoga and meditation, listen to music, get a massage or learn relaxation techniques. Stepping back from problems can help clear your head.
- Talk to someone. Tell friends and family you’re feeling overwhelmed and let them know how they can help. Consider speaking with a physician or therapist for professional help.
4. CBD Oil
Using hem-derived CBD oil to help with anxiety can be a natural and effective way to be free from its crippling hold and improve our quality of life and overall health and wellness.
Ever since the passing of the 2018 US Farm Bill, hemp oil has become a popular natural remedy for anxiety, depression, stress relief and many other common ailments we face.
While research on CBD is still in the early stages, people who have used CBD hemp oil have claimed that they’ve seen an overall decrease in symptoms for anxiety, depression, and stress.
CBD hemp oil can also promote a calm feeling with few if any, side effects. From Generalized Anxiety Disorder to Panic Disorder to PTSD and other specific phobias, studies suggest that CBD can have this same effect.
Anxiety not only affects our minds, but it also produces a wide variety of physical symptoms which negatively affect our quality of life. CBD oil can help manage anxiety by relieving the following symptoms:
- CBD can relieve nausea
- CBD can relieve headaches and migraines
- CBD can make you feel more physically relaxed
- CBD can help relieve muscle tension
- CBD can help ease social anxiety
If you are curious about using CBD for your overall health and wellness regime and you’re wondering does CBD oil help with anxiety or to curb stress, we can help!
At Tessera Naturals, our mission is to educate and promote a healthy lifestyle which includes a clean diet of primarily organic unprocessed food, regular exercise and holistic medicine whenever possible. We are strong advocates of using CBD hemp oil products and other whole plant supplements to help enhance your overall well being.
We offer free shipping on all orders and a 30 day 100% money back guarantee. Browse our online store now.